Never Binge Again with Dr. Livingston
In episode #28 of The Alex Manos Podcast I speak with Dr. Livingston.
Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. is a veteran psychologist and was the long time CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in major periodicals like The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun Times, The Indiana Star Ledger, The NY Daily News, American Demographics, or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page. You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, and/or CBS radio, or UPN TV.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
- Dr. Livingston’s story including his pig(!)
- Forgiveness and self-compassion
- Awareness and mindfulness
Dr. Livingston’s website is: www.neverbingeagain.com
- The phenomenology of self-critical thinking in people with depression, eating disorders, and in healthy individuals: click here
- BEfree: A new psychological program for binge eating that integrates psychoeducation, mindfulness, and compassion: click here
- The Differential Effects of Mindfulness and Distraction on Affect and Body Satisfaction Following Food Consumption: click here